About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Homemade granola bars

I love granola bars, but I don't always love all the preservatives in them Mac not all versions are gluten free.

One day while blog surfing I found a great recipe that looked worth a try. I made a few changes and it had been a standard go to recipe ever since then.

Ingredients:
4 tbsp butter
1/4 brown sugar
1/4 honey
1cup instant oatmeal
2cups granola (I love "Kind" granola it's gluten free & comes in several delicious flavors)
1/2 cup chocolate chips 

Directions:
Melt butter, honey, and brown sugar in saucepan.


Remove from heat. Add oatmeal and granola. Stir until thoroughly coated.


Fold in chocolate chips.


Lightly spray an 8 by 8 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Pour mixture into pan and firmly pat flat.


Refrigerate for several hours until firm.
Gently loosen edges and flip out onto a cutting board.
Cut into bars or squares.
Wrap individually in saran wrap (or I like to store 2 a piece in the small snack size ziplock bags.)


Homemade granola bars store best and keep longer in the refrigerator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment